Install a Flow Control Valve to Quiet Noisy Pipes
Updated on Monday 27th July 2020
Rate this article 2 reviewsbased on
Are you bothered by the sounds made by the pipes in your bathroom or kitchen? The sound might be caused by the shower head or you might need to have our plumbers in London install a flow control valve to quiet the noisy pipes.
How our plumber in London installs a flow control valve
To set up a flow control valve to stop the sounds made by noisy pipes, our emergency plumber in London will take the following steps:
• The hydraulic system is depressurized by shutting off the system pumps;
• The electrical power from the system pumps is removed, if applicable. Some mechanically driven pumps, like the engine-driven ones, might not have electrical connectors;
• The new valve is placed by our plumbers in London at its location. The valve fittings are plugged and the pipe or tubing ends are capped;
• The valve fittings are uncapped and the connecting lines are unplugged;
• The nuts from the hydraulic lines are screwed on the fittings of the flow control valve. The nuts are tightened to their torques specified by their manufacturers;
• Finally, the hydraulic system fluid level is verified and refilled with fluid if necessary.
Characteristics of a flow control in a hydraulic system, presented by plumbers near me
A flow control in a hydraulic system has the purpose of regulating the speed. All flow control valves control the speed of an actuator through regulating the flow ratio.
The flow ratio also establishes the rate of energy transfer at a certain pressure. These two are connected in the sense that the actuator force multiplied by the distance by which it travels (stroke) is equal to the work effectuated on the load.
The actuator speed establishes the rate of energy transfer, for example horsepower, and the speed is therefore a function of the flow rate. Our emergency plumber in London can offer more details related to this subject.
A secondary function of the directional control devices can be defined as the timing of the cycle events. Since fluid flow can many times be throttled in directional-control valves, certain measure of the flow rate or pressure control can be done with them, as well.
If you have further questions about flow control valves, or for assistance related to any plumbing services in London you might need, please contact our local plumbers.