Clean and Repair a Clogged Faucet
Updated on Monday 27th July 2020
Rate this article 3 reviewsbased on
A clogged faucet can be a real nuisance in a home. Usually, this happens because the faucet aerator has become clogged. A clogged aerator may happen because of mineral deposits or sediments which have gathered from the water supply lines. In this article, our emergency plumber in London explains how to clean and repair a clogged faucet.
Removing the aerator of the faucet in London
In case you notice that the flow from the kitchen or bathroom faucet has slowed down, the aerator is most likely to be clogged.
Generally, a rapid cleaning effectuated by our plumbers in London can resolve this issue. The way, the faucet cleaning for a clogged faucet is done is by following these steps:
• Removing the aerator;
• Disassembling it;
• Cleaning any solid build up;
• Rinsing every piece of the aerator thoroughly;
• Flushing out the loosened debris.
In case the mineral buildup does not go away and the aerator is a standard cylinder-shaped one, our plumber in London will replace it.
If this does not work… plumbers near me take further measures
Sometimes, even if the aerator is cleaned, the faucet is still not flowing properly. This might happen because the cartridge needs to be replaced by our emergency plumber in London.
A cartridge valve is replaced by our local plumbers by taking the following measures:
• The water supply to the faucet is turned off;
• The handle is removed and the set screw and cover plate are loosened, if needed;
• The screw which holds on the body of the faucet is located and loosened to take out the body and expose the cartridge. This represents a cylindrical piece made of plastic found beneath the faucet handle. The screw which holds it in place is loosened and the cartridge is taken out;
• The new cartridge is put there and the screw is replaced. The handle of the faucet is reassembled. The same process is repeated for a second handle, if any;
• The water supply is turned on and the faucet is opened. The clogged faucet is fixed!
In case you need to unclog a faucet, or if you require any other plumbing services in London, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our friendly staff.